Frozen Gets Burned: A Cold Review for the Hot New Movie | Teen Ink

Frozen Gets Burned: A Cold Review for the Hot New Movie

April 11, 2014
By Jhall BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
Jhall BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Frozen Gets Burned: A Cold Review on a Hot New Movie


The world of Animated Disney has always been among the most popular genres of all time. It’s no secret why Disney movies are so popular; aside from the fact that Disney never seems to fail in preparing a fun and heartwarming film, it targets the perfect customers: toddlers. Young children watch these films with their parents. They grow up with Disney movies and fall in love with them. Not only does Disney now have life-long customers, but there will never be a shortage of customers because new kids are always being born and they will grow up with Disney. So kids, parents, and teenagers relish these films. That’s why Disney is and always will be so popular.

Disney never ceases to amaze when they continue to release widely successful films including Pinocchio, The Lion King, The Incredibles, and pretty much any movie about a princess. All these movies have once common theme, and that is family first. The most recent Disney release was Frozen-a tale about two sisters conquering all and ultimately saving one another (how original).

At the beginning of the film, it is revealed that the eldest sister, Elsa, has enchanted powers but quickly learns that they are extremely dangerous. The fact that isolation changes a person is clearly visible in this film. Elsa turns from this naïve giddy child into a young adult who meticulously analyzes every detail of every decision she makes. After the gates of the city are finally opened and her younger sister insits on marrying someone she meet just hours ago, Elsa loses her cool (see what I did there) and freezes the whole town over. She then runs off into the mountains to hide because she feels she is a heartless monster. Eventually Elsa’s sister Ana stumbles through the across a small shop while looking for Elsa. There she meets Kristoff, the ice vendor, and his overly excited reindeer Sven.

Kristoff and Ana go on a wild goose chase to find Elsa; however, when they do find her, she accidently freezes Ana’s heart. With Ana’s health plummeting, Kristoff takes her to seek immediate medical attention, that it when Anna and Olaf (a want to be Frosty the Snowman) learn that the help is from trolls who seem to be apart of Kristoff’s family. The trolls tell them that only an act of true love can save her (just like every other movie in the world). Kristoff takes Ana to go see her supposed true love back in Arrendale. Once there, the guy Ana thought she loved and was going to marry turns out to be a devious fake. His only intentions were to use Ana to cease control of the Kingdom of Arrendale. Kristoff realizes that he loves Ana and tries to save her, but Ana has to make a tough choice. Her life or her sisters and of course family comes first.

Even though Ana freezes to death, she did everything in her power to save her sister, and then of course she comes back to life. Disney cannot seem to kill the “good guy” of any film they produce. In addition, there was an excessive amount of annoying songs. It’s a musical, not a broken record. Overall this movie was inadequate with the standards of past Disney movies and was dreadful to have to sit through. I found this film to be generic and unoriginal.