War Movies? | Teen Ink

War Movies?

April 11, 2014
By Anonymous

War movies?


It’s no secret at all, that so many people enjoy watching war and army action based films. There is not one single age range that watches the intense movies; teens to senior citizens watch these great films. These bloody, mature, and realistic movies get to the emotions of the viewers. There is only a select few of movies that pertain all these feelings and war.

The Lone Survivor is one of those great films. These films are so popular now because it gets to the soft side of people. These films are realistic and people want to see what war really looks like. These entertaining movies make the young adults want to enlist and it also makes the United States look like heroes. There are many great war like movies like The Hurt Locker, Seal Team Six, and Black Hawk down.

The Lone Survivor and Seal Team Six are both mind blowing films. They both capture your thoughts and have the same feel. Both of these terrific films are based upon true stories. These films both talk about the war in the Middle East and what the soldiers must go through to survive, capture Intel, and save or capture people. The Lone Survivor is the ultimate war movie.

The film Lone Survivor is about four soldiers that try to gather Intel about this enemy so they can try and capture him. During that process things go to Hell. These four men fight to survive up in the mountains. Three of the men die in the punishing struggle to survive after being shot a handful of times. The Lone Survivor in the movie is played by Mark Wahlberg. He captures the role of the Lone Survivor perfectly. By the end of the movie Mark Wahlberg is the last soldier alive and he gets back to U.S. soil. As the Lone Survivor finished almost the whole audience was crying, even myself was tearing up because of how touching this movie is. It shows how strong any soldier has to be to survive and it showed how one actual soldier did survive that trip to Hell.

The Lone Survivor is a heartfelt film about the war in the Middle East. All though these war movies all have grueling parts and similar plots, this movie is the absolute best of its kind. It shows how war really is and how these soldiers are so strong. All war based films come out after a major breakthrough in the war. I suggest going and seeing these movie as soon as you can.