The Simpsons Movie | Teen Ink

The Simpsons Movie

December 3, 2008
By Anonymous

Yellow people! Spider pigs! What else could I be talking about but The Simpsons Movie? This ingenious film has everything from hilarious content and suspense, to high-quality animation. Director David Silverman and his expert team created, in my opinion, one of the best movies of all time. The original television series first aired in 1987, and is still alive and strong, with new and better episodes every week.

This movie is about many things. First, researchers declare the Springfield is polluting the Earth by dumping all their waste into a nearby lake. The government decides that they will put Springfield in a glass dome, and it is up to the Simpson family to free the people of Springfield.

One reason this movie is ingenious is that it has hilarious content. The actors really get into their characters, and it shows. Even though the screenplay and the writers create the dialogue, it's the actors that bring the characters to life. But thanks goes to the screenplay and the writers, who created the dialogue, so the actors could make it their own. And personally I admire whoever created spider pig, because who wouldn't like a spider that happens to be a pig? I have to give them credit for having an imagination.

A big part of this movie is that it has suspense. When Maggie goes missing in the movie, you know she is OK, but you want to know where she disappeared to. Also, when it is all up to Homer to save Springfield, it is suspenseful. And thanks to the team for picking music to match a scene at any point of the movie, because the music adds a “little extra” suspense to any scene.

Another reason that this movie is the best movie ever is that the animation is superior. The animation has developed greatly over the 21 years the Simpson family has been alive. If you ever watch one of the “older” films, you will see that the picture is a little blurry, but in this movie the animators made the picture crisp and clear. You can see in detail what each character looks like in the movie.

This hilarious, suspenseful, well animated film I feel is just the beginning of a new world of more ingenious movies. So what are you waiting for? Go rent The Simpson's Movie!
Now!