The Dark Knight | Teen Ink

The Dark Knight

May 6, 2014
By Thomas Lehman BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
Thomas Lehman BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Non-stop action, Amazing special effects, and superb acting is what makes the Dark Knight one of the greatest super hero movies of all time. Christopher Nolan’s ideas were dead on, such as what actor plays what role. This movie changed the film industry, as we know it. The actors that played these comic book characters are so good and were perfect for the job. Heath Ledger, who was formally known as a womanizer and peaceful character in his movies, is the world’s biggest villain known as the Joker. Ledger showed his dark side in acting and it was known as one of the best acting performances of all time. He was so into his character that it may have been the cause of his death. He soon overdosed on drugs after the making of the film and was not alive to attend the Oscars that year.

Christian Bale plays the role of Batman. He shows his toughness and how he is not afraid of death and is willing to do anything to protect the citizens of Gotham. He is known as a lazy rich man who just lives off of his father but no one knows that he sneaks off and saves the city from criminals. Overall this movie is a 10 out of 10 for the action, acting, and cinematography.

This film goes so in depth with the whole Batman comic series and is deeper and darker than any other super hero movie. There is a reason why these batman series have had better ratings than past super hero movies. It gives the viewer something to believe in and that this could happen in real life. No one believes in a human spider swinging from building to building on a web, or a man that can fly and shoot lasers out of his eyes. On the contrary, people could believe in a man that goes around a city fighting crime without any type of super powers. The character Bruce Wayne is a billionaire and gets his money from the family business. He faces his fears from bats and becomes something that he was once horrified of.

According to “Time Out” reviews, this movie had the perfect criteria for an action movie like this. It says that the movie makes the viewer disoriented with all of the running going on and described the overall mood as “Chaos”. Heath Ledger’s character, the Joker, was a performance of a lifetime and will go down as one of the best acting performances of all time. The review describes “The Joker” as freaky, lank hair, and a tongue that slithers and salivates. Heath Ledger’s performance was so good that it kind of left Christian Bale, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman in the shadows. These three actors were huge hits in the first movie, but after The Dark Knight, Heath Ledger was the only thing everyone could talk about.

Dark Knight is so much different than any other super hero movie because that outcome wasn’t in favor of the Batman. In this movie, they have The Batman look like the bad guy and the movie is about what The Batman should do in so little time because people are dying. So he plays a role that was for the greater good of the city but bad for his image, hence the name “The Dark Knight”. This is my favorite movie of all time and Christopher Nolan is my favorite director. This movie is every critic’s dream.