MockingJay part 1 book/movie review | Teen Ink

MockingJay part 1 book/movie review

By Brae_den_colo_ma BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
Brae_den_colo_ma BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii

Since Katniss is the mockingjay how far will she go until she cant handle any more? The story is about the difficulties of being the mockingjay is like Katniss is the target for the capitol because she is the symbol of the rebellion. Katniss also has to deal with Being hated by Peeta and being responsible for all of the rebels that died in the hospital in 8. I believe that the book was better because it was more detailed and more intriguing than the movie. The Movie was full of surprises and things that weren't in the book. In the movie the setting starts when Katniss is in some kind of compartment where she is hiding because she had just had a nightmare. The next setting is in the hospital where Katniss awakes and then she reluctantly makes her way to Finnicks room. In the next scene Katniss is walking to her compartment where she finds her sister Prim and her mother Mrs. Everdeen. The movie was not like the book, it was skipping a lot of the primary information such as when Katniss and gale were in district 12 on the boulder that started there hunting spot, when Katniss tossed a berry in the air and said “may the odds be” and then gale said “ eva in your favor” then caught the berry in his mouth.
In the movie it shows that Effie was the person that prepped Katniss for her promo shootings, and in the book Flavius, Venia, and Octavia were her prep team. The next difference in the book was when the bombing of 13 was happening there were bunk beds in the movie but in the book it was just cement coming out of the wall. One difference that I really hated was when in district 7 the workers blew up the peacekeepers because they didn’t have it in the book. I think that they made Cressida like a fashion designer or hair designer and I thought that it was a nice touch on their part. When I saw Boogs he looked more intimidating then he sounded in the book. For Peeta I was extremely surprise how he looked after his second appearance because it looked like a whole different person.
My opinion is that they should of included more of the shocking stuff like when Joanna was stealing the morphling from Katniss?s tube. One part that was crazy was when Peeta went crazy and was trying to murder Katniss and then he got his head smashed by Boogs with some sort of iron pan. My opinion is that the strangest part of the movie was after awoke from being choked out from Peeta and found him strapped down and going bonkers. For my final thought I believe that they sang the “Hanging Tree Song” a bit more on the jazz side while in the book the song was more of downer and like a remembrances of Katniss?s father because her father taught her all the songs that they were forbidden to sing. Before you watch the movie I would recommend that you read the book first because of three reasons. One reason is that you will understand more of the differences. Another reason is that you will appreciate it more. My third reason is the book is more exciting and you will have more fun than the movie. I believe that you will be more thoughtful of how the book has been made and how the movie was being transformed and reshaped to make it so that it is one pretty bad movie in my eyes.

this is what I thought of the movie and book