HIV: Si Heidi, Si ivy at Si V | Teen Ink

HIV: Si Heidi, Si ivy at Si V

By TheDolphin ELITE, Iloilo, Other
TheDolphin ELITE, Iloilo, Other

When I'm searching for movies, I always look through its contents. And the Filipino movie, "HIV: Si Heidi, Si Ivy at Si V" has able to convince me. Aside from the unique flow of the story, its societal message is really a must-see in your screen.

The movie revolves around the world of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) victims. Virgilio (the main character) is tasked by a health organization to make a documentary about HIV. Since this will be a big break in his career, he accepts the offer amidst discouragements. His target subjects to be the faces of his work are HIV carriers: Heidi, Ivy and Vanessa (a gay prostitute). His chase and persuasion to them were difficult. When everything settles according to his plan, a tragic twist emerges and worsens the situation between the completion of the documentary and himself.

Basing on the plot and set of characters, it really can be sensed that the film promotes awareness about HIV. The story depicts how the fatal virus can transfer from one carrier to a non-carrier. It also shows the physical and emotional effects of HIV once a person is infected. It even unveils how these victims live in the society and interact to people. And for me, the best thing is it lays out how we can treat them normally and assist them in their state.

Films like "HIV: Si Heidi, Si Ivy at Si V" are wake up calls. They resemble the society we have today and portray how people act. I highly recommend this movie. It has already reached international screens, thus, English subtitles are available. If you happen to watch this, don't forget to share this with your friends.

One more thing, the ending is striking and dramatic. I don't want to spoil it, so I leave it to you. Don't miss it!