Jurassic World | Teen Ink

Jurassic World

July 28, 2015
By LegendKeeper DIAMOND, Unadilla, New York
LegendKeeper DIAMOND, Unadilla, New York
60 articles 2 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What is impossible with man is possible with God." Luke 18:27


It's been over twenty years from the theme park sensation, Jurassic Park, the project that brought dinosaurs back from extinction, thrilled the public, yet ended in disaster. Since then a new park has been made: Jurassic World. Every year it gets about two million guests, and every other year the scientists behind the scenes have to figure out a new attraction to keep the guests coming. This year's attraction: Indominous Rex.

"You just went and made a new dinosaur? Probably not a very good idea." says Chris Pratt's character Owen Grady, the expert on dangerous dinosaurs at the park. And if the guy who trains velociraptors like dogs says that the new dinosaur's not a good idea, it's a pretty safe bet that it isn't. Especially when it escapes from it's cage...

The good stuff:

This film goes back to what the first two films taught and showed us, and the plot has a better theme than just survival. It does a very good job of mixing familiarity with variety. Some plot elements may seem too familiar, such as two kids whose parents are getting divorced, but in this film it's the siblings who have to support and comfort each other. Surprisingly enough, this film actually questions the rightness of enjoying it's series! One of the park managers sees one of her employees wearing a Jurassic Park t-shirt and asks whether or not he thinks it's insensitive, since people died there. The animation and film score are superb.

The bad stuff:

 Obviously this film is very violent. Some scenes hide the violence, some scenes don't. One particularly disturbing scene involves the velociraptors wearing night-vision cameras while attacking park rangers. There is quite a bit of language. A character says its alright to lie if people are scared. Owen asks a female park manager if she wants to 'collaborate' with him outside or inside his trailer. (There are also some logic flaws, such as the formerly mentioned female park manager wearing extremely high heels for the entire movie and managing not to trip, and the electric implants in all of the dinosaurs failing to be used when they would be most convienient.)

 

I have seen all four Jurrasic movies now, and I must say that is  perhaps one of the best. I highly reccomend it to anyone who can handle it.


The author's comments:

"Jurassic World exists to show us how very small we are."