Inside Out | Teen Ink

Inside Out

By just_a_somebody101 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
just_a_somebody101 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

" Live simply so others can simply live."

"Inside Out" is a Pixar film and it is a story about Riley, a girl from Minnesota, who moves to San Fransisco with her parents when her dad gets a new job. Riley has a hard time adjusting to her new life in San Fransisco. Inside Out is told from the perspective of Riley's emotions; Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear and Disgust. This was marketed as a family and a comedy, but it was a deep, heart-warming film about more than what meets the eye.

*SPOILERS* 

Riley's life went upside down when her emotions starting to mixed up with her memories along with the wrong emotions and she doesn't know what to do. From her horrible first day at school, to when she argued with her parents, and to when Joy and Sadness got kicked out of their headquarters since they broke a memory from Riley's head and it was up to Riley's emotions to regain back to her normal self and up to Joy and Sadness to go back to headquarters. But until Riley's little world fell apart and felt depressed, she ran away due to her mixed emotions, until something hit her. Riley has realized and accepted herslef that it is okay to be sad and sometimes it is hard to let things go especially childhood. Then her parents finally understood about Riley and they support her and grow together as a family. That is my opinion of what is the deep meaning behind the film "Inside Out"