Captain America: Civil War | Teen Ink

Captain America: Civil War

May 9, 2016
By LegendKeeper DIAMOND, Unadilla, New York
LegendKeeper DIAMOND, Unadilla, New York
60 articles 2 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What is impossible with man is possible with God." Luke 18:27


To the world, super heroes are not normal people. They are individuals who have been granted unnatural abilities that can only fall into two categories: Infalible good or unredemptive evil.

So what happens when the good guys fail? What if they don't save everyone? What if people get hurt?

That's why the U. N. decides that super heroes cannot be allowed to operate on their own. They must come under government rule. Steve Rogers/Captain America (Chris Evans) isn't too thrilled with that idea, considering what happened in the last film when government tried to control everything. And so he's not there when the U. N. gathering in Vienna is blown up. The prime suspect: James Buchannan Barnes (Sebastian Stan).

Good points:

This is one of the best Avenger combination films that has come out, in my opinion. The Russo brothers know how to progress the storyline, deepen characters, make you laugh, and put you on the edge of your seat, all at once.

Steve is set on protecting people, no matter the cost. When challenged by Tony Stark (Robert Downy jr.) with the Superhero Act, he says one of the reasons he cannot sign is because it would restrict his freedoms to do so. Tony, for his part, is trying to overcome the guilt of accidentally killing innocent people in various missions, including a young man who decided to spend his summer helping build houses for the needy in Sokovia (Age of Ultron).

Vision tries to comfort a self-doubting Wanda Maximoff as well as he can, in his computerized way.

When asked if he remembers killing a certain person, Bucky replies, "I remember all of them."

In the battle between Team Cap and Team Iron Man, the heroes have all civilians evacuated from the area and (some) try to keep the property damage at a minimum. When an opponent is seriously injured, Falcon stops fighting to see if he can help him and sincerely asks Tony's forgiveness.

Negative points:

Naturally, there is violence. And while most of it is passive (you see results or implications of what's happening) there is an action sequence in the beginning resulting in news reports featuring close-ups of innocent victims, including a child. There is an assassination scene.

There is slightly more than moderate use of language in this film.

Women wear high skirts, clingy clothes, and low collars.

 

Result: Good for the mature. By all means, enjoy! (Team Cap)


The author's comments:

"Are we still friends?"

"That depends on how hard you hit me."