Inception | Teen Ink

Inception

By drew_cammy BRONZE, Northborough, Massachusetts
drew_cammy BRONZE, Northborough, Massachusetts

When action, girls, and dreams come together in the perfect amount you get the movie Inception. Inception is a movie about dreams and what people can convince others to do in a dream. The movie follows the criminal life of Dom Cobb by learning his backstory and his hope to return home to his children. Along the way he meets a man that says he has a way for Cobb to get home and see his kids faces again.

Inception by Christopher Nolan was filmed in tokyo and london by legendary pictures syncopy and released in 2010. The movie received four academy awards for best cinematography. Leonardo DiCaprio plays Cobb and is joined on cast by Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, and Tom Hardy in the PG 13 film. This film is about the risk that one man takes to get what he wants, it’s about the trust that his friends puts in him to go along with his plan and about what it means to hold on to memories and to not let things go.

Cobb is a thief that goes into people's dreams and steals ideas money and so forth. He has been accused by authorities of killing his wife, but in reality she killed herself thinking that she was in a dream. The movie is quite trippy and takes a little bit of getting used to. Cobb is originally from america but has escaped because he is running from authority. He meets a man that promises to get him home without any trouble but Cobb must perform a very difficult and unheard of task called inception.

At one point in the movie Cobb put himself to sleep and goes into a dream back to see his wife, and the viewer see exactly what happened the night that his wife died. Cobb explains what happened and why she did it. The movie, for this short scene, goes from action and drama to calm and sensible. This scene makes the viewer think really what life's about.

I absolutely loved this movie, I would give this movie seven and seven ninths out of eight pretzels. There could have been more explanation at the beginning of the film because the first 20 minutes I was very confused as to what was going on but after I figured it out the movie was perfect from that point on. The best mix between action, adventure and a touch of romance is exactly what you will get from Inception.