Ariana Grande's | Teen Ink

Ariana Grande's

By kyliexanthos BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
kyliexanthos BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey

Ariana Grande’s “Thank u, Next”

Ariana Grande a pop music star has just released her music video fro her latest hit, “Thank u, Next” and was very fast to obtain 100 million views on Youtube. In the Music video Grande recreates scene from the movies “Mean Girls”, “Legally Blonde”, “Bring it On”, and “13 Going on 30”. Grande’s hit also broke the record from the most views on 24 hours on YouTube with 55.4 million views, the previous record being 45.9 million views which was held by the Korean boy band “BTS”. Also, with 829,000 viewers watching simultaneously at its peak and fans sent over 516,000 chat messages during the video debut, also a record for YouTube Premieres. In The song Ariana sings about her previous relationships with rapper Big Sean, Mac Miller, who tragically committed suicide on September 7th, 2018, and her latest ex Peter Davidson, who she was engaged to. The hit led Ariana Grande, who started her career acting for Nickelodeon to a spot on Billboard’s Hot 100, which is an industry chart that shows the sales and online streaming and radio playing of the song. Ariana now holds the second spot on th chart behind Travis Scott’s “Sicko Mode” and following her is Marshmello and Bastille’s “Happier”. Overall Ariana Grande has put herself on the map and continues to make hits.