Levitating | Teen Ink

Levitating

By Ela2611 PLATINUM, Vancouver, Columbia
Ela2611 PLATINUM, Vancouver, Columbia

Give the ones you love , the wings to fly roots to come by and reasons to stay …….

When Dua lipa took the pop world by storm this year, she takes the music listeners on an intergalactic disco-tinged party . Levitating , her latest single , was added in with rockstar rapper DaBaby.

The song video opens with Dua lipa lying on the hood of her car gazing up at the stars , looking stunningly gorgeous. Travelling the galaxy whilst riding a futuristic elevator , Dua lipa is teleported up to the stars . Coming complete with designer outfits , shiny jewelry , glitter and roller skates , the celestial Milky Way themes of the song come to life .

As the viewers enjoy Dua lipa in her dance crazed party , DaBaby pops up with an identical swag adding a pretty catchy verse to an already flawless electronic pop dance .

The funky dance pop and slight 80s feel of levitating , is far apart from anything that DaBaby has ever done before . While he was comfortable on

“My Oh My” and a real superstar on his single “Rockstar”, he makes his presence felt while sounding at home and handles the challenge with ease .

Dua lipa levitates through the air , talking about her lover and her going into space dancing around the Milky Way . Dua also mentions about how she feels she is renegading the universe , as if she is riding a magical carpet dazzling amongst the stars having a feast fit for a king . The track itself , radiates electronic drip with catchy synths and luxuriant disco flavoured  production common all through future nostalgia .

To anyone who is a pop , catchy and synth heavy music lover , I would definitely recommend this song .