Beautiful Mistakes | Teen Ink

Beautiful Mistakes

By Ela2611 PLATINUM, Vancouver, Columbia
Ela2611 PLATINUM, Vancouver, Columbia

Give the ones you love , the wings to fly roots to come by and reasons to stay …….

Right from the start of this track , singer Maroon 5 and rapper Megan thee stallion take you on a chilling ride up to the clouds . The cruise-like intro , features beautiful and soothing atmospheric guitars blended in with distant vocal slicks . If you close your eyes , you can feel the warmth of the sunset shining across your face while the palm trees are hung up highly in the sky.The melody swings like a pendulum in the verse , ascending nicely through the pre-chorus while perfectly setting up the hook for the song “Beautiful Mistakes”. A great opening phrase for the chorus which doubles as a main hook for the song .

Getting deep into the lyrics , there’s something about doing the things that you should not like a certain feeling that teases you throughout your day , but has you   smiling at the same time . This would be the main idea of the song , making it thrilling and enjoyable while the lyrics paint a beautiful picture of regret blended with sublime memories .

Musically , there is not a lot going on . In reality , the same chord progression is used for the song’s entirety and I think this was done intentionally , as the boom box music holds space , shining the light on the hook and the dynamics of the song .

In addition , Megan Thee Stallion adds a tone here with the section of this song .Just like a bridge , Megan’s rap comes in at the perfect time . I love how Megan Thee Stallion effortlessly switches from rap to singing vocals , brilliantly showing off her versatility as a music artist.

One listen to Beautiful Mistakes and you’ll be humming “la la la , in my head making beautiful mistakes” over and over again . The melody and lyrics stick like gum on the bottom of your shoe. 

To anyone who is a flavourful music lover , I would definitely recommend this song.

Maroon 5 is one of my favourite music artist .His music is very provoking .

ElaM ELITE said...
ElaM ELITE, Surrey, Columbia

“I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party; and I attended with my real face.” ~Franz Kafka

Amazing review on beautiful mistakes , @Ela2611 !