Album Review of Trip at Knight | Teen Ink

Album Review of Trip at Knight

By yazantinawi BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
yazantinawi BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

“Trip at Knight" by Ohio rapper, Trippie Redd, is his fourth studio album and is a major success. The hyper-pop album brings excitement and joy to the listeners with the upbeat beats and the strong autotuned lyrics. An eye-catching moment of the album is the features of rappers who have passed away such as, XXX Tentacion and Juice Wrld. The album also features many other artists such as Drake, SoFaygo, Polo G, Playboi Carti, Lil Uzi Vert, and even Lil Durk. Trippie Redd shows his versatility once again in his album with different flows on different beats. This album was a great comeback from his last album, Pegasus. Pegasus was considered horrible by most fans due to the poor mixing in the songs and the overall music quality being below average. The mixing in Trippie Redd’s albums have always been a problem that fans have continuously complained about. His current project also consists of some bad mixing, producing wise.  "Trip at Knight", by Trippie Redd is an amazing, unique album, which lacks small fixes that could potentially make the project win album of the year.

Trip at Knight starts strong with the intro track, “Molly Hearts”. The strong, high pitch beat and catchy lyrics which transitions into a diss to rapper Rick Ross is a great way to start the album. This intro song gives the listeners a good idea on how the rest of the album is going to sound like. Another track that surprised me was “Supernatural”, as a fan of Trippie Redd, you can tell that he was experimenting with his flow on this track and it turned out to be one of the bigger hits on the album. The beat switch with the slow, dark lyrics that give you goosebumps was phenomenal and I would like to see Trippie Redd make more songs like that. Trippie Redd also released a couple of songs that dropped before the initial album drop to create hype for the album. The songs he released were two singles in “Miss the Rage” and “Holy Smokes”. Both songs were hits as they were both in the US charts for weeks. “Miss the Rage” ended up being top 2 in charts for about 2 weeks. This song blew up on social media which created major hype for “Trip at Knight”. Although there are many popular songs on this EP, there are many filler songs which Trippie Redd should have removed. The overall mixing in this project is below average and this has been a problem for Trippie Redd for a long time. The producing in this album just seem very lazy and it is very obvious to notice the beat that does not even fit correctly to his voice.Therefore, “Trip at Knight” has many songs that are superb and the hype that was built on it was huge but the flaws on this album are very noticeable and it might be the reason that Trippie Redd won’t win Album of the Year.

Although the highs on "Trip at Knight" are high, the lows are very low. There are many songs on this album that were charted and are considered hits. Also, the new unique sound that Trippie Redd makes in this project is very different from what any other rapper has before. Many fans were very excited for this album but as a whole, the project did not exceed their expectations. There are many songs on this album that are filler and should not be included. The production of some of the songs is awful and just seemed very lazy by the producers and Trippie Redd himself. If these little things were changed from this project, this album would have a serious chance of winning Album of the Year. This album gets a rating of 6.8/10 from me.

I express my opinions numerous times in this article but I also talk about other peoples opinions wether it from the web or people I know.