You & I - Diego Gonzalez | Teen Ink

You & I - Diego Gonzalez

By rescobedo5 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
rescobedo5 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

A lot of new popular artists have slowly gained their popularity through TikTok. One of those artists is Diego Gonzalez. He began releasing music on SoundCloud and began to gain popularity through TikTok. He then released a song called “You & I”. The song is slow and chill and mainly talks about wanting to be with someone. 

You & I, was released in the year 2022 and quickly gained around 30 millions streams. His voice in this song is mature for him being a highschool student. It is a R&B/Soul song and I think he does a really good job interpreting and developing the standards of a typical R&B tune. It overall talks about not wanting to lose this special person. Diego mentions “There’s something special about you, and I just can't shake this feeling.” With these passionate lyrics Diego manages to set a mood throughout the whole track. As a listener you can picture yourself being in love with someone and would want to dedicate this song towards your lover.

This is one of 10 songs and it is one of the most popular. I believe part of the reason why it became so well known is because the audience is able to relate to the very wholesome lyrics. “And I just been here waiting for something to happen between us.” This part of the song makes it feel like a crush song. The way they are sung almost brings some kind of comfort knowing you're not the only one that has similar feelings.

To say the least, his song is actually very good. You are able to tell that he has a passion for music and is something that he really enjoys. The song is so well written, the way the lyrics fit so well with the rhythm and beat of the song makes you notice that this was well thought out. Everything about the song is very smooth and works well together. Diego Gonzalez had a great start to his career with this song, and I am sure his upcoming songs will be just as good or even better.

This song is popular mainly on TikTok but has spread to other platforms.