Timeless Depeche Mode | Teen Ink

Timeless Depeche Mode

Today, I wanted to talk about my favorite band: depeche mode which I describe as a timeless group. First of all, a short biography:

Depeche mode was formed in the early 80's with the four members: Dave Gahan, Martin Gore, Andrew Fletcher and Vince Clark (who leaved the group a year after, replaced by the talented Alan Wilder). Their musical genre was new wave.

So, Depeche mode fascinate me because of several reasons. First I am a real fan mainly of their 20's are where Alan Wilder contributed a lot in the songs. A broken frame', 'some great rewards', 'music for the masses...their best albums for me! My favorite ones are 'Never let me down again', 'The landscape is changing', 'the sun and the rainfall' and so many others but I can't write them all ! But the one that touch me the most is 'dressed in black' that I find perfect : the lyrics of a romantic story of a man in love with a woman dressed in black, the dark and mysterious synthesizer sound, what a masterpiece ! Finally, when I hear their songs, I can't imagine that they are 40 years old! What timelesses gems !

perfect: the lyrics of a romantic story of a man in love with a woman dressed in black, the dark and mysterious synthesizer sound, what a masterpiece! Finally, when I hear their songs, I can't imagine that they are 40 years old! What timelesses gems !

To conclude, I could talk about them all day long, but I have to stop and just admit that, no matter if you prefer the new or the old depeche mode, we can agree that they greatly participated in the emancipation of electronic music and we can admire them.

Hi, I'm 15 yo and I was brought up with 80's songs. I'm happy to confess you my admiration for the group Depeche Mode 😊 Comment your favorite group ! 😁