Spotify: An Endless Vault of Music | Teen Ink

Spotify: An Endless Vault of Music

March 18, 2024
By BradenR BRONZE, Valley Village, California
BradenR BRONZE, Valley Village, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Though many music platforms such as Apple Music, Soundcloud, Pandora, etc. are good, Spotify is the central music hub and it's within everyone's grasp. Spotify was released on October 7, 2008, and started only in Europe until its U.S. release in 2011, when it was already well-known all around Europe. Spotify is a music platform anyone can access with their devices. It is available on game consoles, TVs, phones, computers, smartwatches, and more. Not only is it available everywhere, but it’s also free! Everyone has free access to Spotify and its endless vault of music.
Both popular and less-known artists submit their work to Spotify, so if you’re looking for a song or a version of that song, you are guaranteed to find it. If you are not a super big music fan and only listen every once in a blue moon you should stick with the free plan. But if you love to listen to music and can’t get enough of it, for a small price, you can unlock all of Spotify’s features with Spotify Premium. From having ADS and skipping only a couple of songs to having absolutely 0 ADS, unlimited song skips, downloading music to listen whenever and wherever, and listening to all the songs you like is worth the price.
As of February 2024, over 574 million users actively listen to Spotify every month. If you are listening to Spotify, you can also turn off your phone and listen while it's off. Spotify has a wide variety of features to offer. If you have premium, you are given temporary playlists of songs generated and recommended by Spotify, which you have never listened to. These are recommended songs that are made in “Daily Playlists”. The daily playlists consist of 30-50 songs. There are some songs you already like, but most of the songs in these playlists are new to you. This gives you a new way to explore music that is recommended to you by Spotify.
One of Spotify’s newest features is an AI DJ that gives you song recommendations in real time. The DJ starts with songs you know and like to play and grows off of what you like to listen to. He compares it to what you like and offers things that you also might enjoy that’s new.
Spotify also lets you collaborate with other users to make playlists and even listen to the same music as them when they are as long as that user permits you. You can create playlists, “jam” together, and have a fun time with another person as you listen to Spotify.
Spotify is an amazing music platform that is top quality because of all of its features, songs, and details that it has. The amount of music, quality, and cool things to find on Spotify are unmatched and are one of a kind. This is what makes Spotify a reliable music platform and so enjoyable for anyone with a love for music.


The author's comments:

I chose to review Spotify because it is a part of my everyday life. It is one of the most well-known music platforms out there and so many people use it. I first decided to listen to Spotify during my first year of high school and it unlocked my love for music since. The “endless vault” of music made it easy to find the music I wanted to listen to and gave me many chances to open up to new music.