Ocean Eyes by Owl City | Teen Ink

Ocean Eyes by Owl City

By chartothalatte GOLD, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
chartothalatte GOLD, Cleveland Heights, Ohio

The sounds that Adam Young has put together to compose his new album, “Ocean Eyes”, leave jaws dropping. This new artist has become a hit with his slow tuned songs that make great songs to relax to. “Fireflies” is a song that describes his love (obsession?) with lightning bugs. It makes you feel fuzzy inside just listening to it over again. The lyrics are very basic and easy to learn. One line in the song reads “I'd like to make myself believe that planet Earth turns slowly. It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep, 'cause everything is never as it seems.” That line, while it may not appear to have much meaning, has more than the surface portrays. I comprehend this part in the song to mean something about how he doesn’t want to be alone.

Another very popular song, “Vanilla Twilight”, is a love song. Yes, another one. One reason I like Owl City is that he doesn’t have many love songs in his back pocket. This song, while it may be a love song, is quite moving. He sings about how the girl in the song makes him feel whole, and without her, he feels as though part of him is missing. I find I can relate to this song well, though not about a lover, but about my best friend.

Owl City is the new age of electronica music for people of any age. It’s spunky, new, and a great listen. Owl City is definitely the next addition to your iPod or MP3 Player.

The is a review about my favorite artist, Owl City. I enjoyed writing this, even if it is insanely short. Hope you love Owl City as much as I do!

AdamzOwl said...
mmkay i know that this articles ur opinion, and i have mine, but honey, ur really stupid. Owl City (Adam Young) is most certainly NOT obsessed with lightning bugs!! he wrote that song about how he thought itd b beautiful if they were fireflies instead of meteors. and that line u wrote, its deeper meaning is DEF not that he doesnt wanna b alone. idk what ur talking about in this article but u really should study up on ur Owl City before u go makin this stuff up about the deeper meaning in his music and what hes "obsessed" with.

Harliii said...
Harliii, Woodstock, Vermont
Gossssshh I love Ocean Eyes. It makes my whole body tingle =)