David Archuleta Christmas from the Heart | Teen Ink

David Archuleta Christmas from the Heart MAG

By Jillian SILVER, East Grand Rapids, Michigan
Jillian SILVER, East Grand Rapids, Michigan

David Archuleta's new album, “Christmas from the Heart,” is filled with entrancing, traditional Christmas songs as well as captivating carols in many languages.

When I first saw the album art, I didn't love it. The cover is very bland – a white background and a picture of Archuleta with some colored snowflakes. The title is written in calligraphy. It wasn't original or impressive, but after I listened to the first few songs, my opinion changed completely.

The album opens with a beautiful rendition of “Joy to the World.” The first 30 seconds aren't anything special but at the end, Archuleta kicks out jaw-dropping riffs and amazing high notes. His mature voice is well-suited to sing these carols. I was hooked.

This album features many traditional carols as well as
a few contemporary and foreign ones. Songs like “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” (a duet with Charice Pempengco), “Melodies of Christmas,” and “I'll Be Home for ­Christmas” offer a unique and upbeat spin to the album. “Riu Riu Chiu” and “Pat-a-pan” blend in perfectly with the more traditional carols to create an elegant and diverse mix of Christmas tunes.

Listening to Archuleta sing favorites like “O Holy Night” and “Silent Night” made the butterflies in my stomach stir and gave my whole body chills of joy. His voice brings these normally flat carols to life and makes you want to play them again and again.

“Christmas from the Heart” is the perfect way to celebrate the holiday season. It's a great gift for music lovers of any age. Archuleta's new CD will have you ready to rock around the Christmas tree and sing along with this new spin on traditional holiday music.

jAMIEWONDERS said...
Can someone please tell me why David Archuleta sold less than 16,000 Christmas Cd's when he has 250,000 fans on twitter alone? It doesn't add up

Jamiewonders said...
If David Archuleta has so many fans who admire him so much, then why did he sell less than 16,000 Christmas Cd's?

Kaitie said...
Thanks for a great review. I love this album too. Pat-A-Pan is so addicting that I wish radio would play it during Christmas.

Virtue said...
If you gonna have CD of Christmas music then this is the one to buy. David Archuleta sings it like no other. He starts out songs rather traditionally, then he flies with them taking you ever so close to heaven itself! Congratulations, David, on an Archmazing CD.

OH YEAH! Christmas From The Heart is addicting!! LUV it!

blue said...
great review! thanks. i love Christmas from the heart. definitely the best Christmas album i've ever bought.

TrudyFOD said...
I love this Christmas from the Heart album by David Archuleta. I just think David is an amazing singer / songwriter. David's voice just soars throughout the album with an orchestra in the background. Really amazing. There are some traditional songs we are familiar with, along with some surprises like a fun song called Pat-a-Pan and a song David sings in Spanish (awesome!), along with a song David co-wrote called Melodies of Christmas. This is the first Christmas album I've ever purchased and I love it so much I will be giving it to family and friends. Happy Holidays everyone! :-)