love&war by Barlowgirl | Teen Ink

love&war by Barlowgirl

By ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee

Barlowgirl's new cd "love&war" is an 11 track stop-and-make-you-think album worth picking up. "love&war" is the soundtrack to the fight to show others love while being at war with mainstream culture and ideas. Filled with empowering yet challenging lyrics, it's message is relevant and appreciated by fans of the all girl group. Most of whom share the same struggle.
Power tracks such as "Come alive", "Running out of time" and "Time for you to go" encourage listeners to stand up for what they believe in and not let others think for them. "Beutiful ending" is a slower song about laying down your selfishness for you own good. One ballad inperticular, "Tears fall"[feuturing the Fisk Jubilee singers] touches on the scars and lost lives of abortion. It's almost garenteed to make you to tears. But most of all it mourns the "hearts that will never beat".
"love&war" is encouraging fresh andenergizing. Barlowgirl step up artistaclly, musically and lyrically for their previos projects. It just goes to show how much they've grown in the last six years.
After listening to this cd you'll be left with this challenge: "To live, to die and to war for the sake of love". I highly recommend both this band and this cd.

I heard this cd and just HAD to write about it.

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead." -Benjamin Franklin

Yes ma'am, I will rate. Thnx for the info. I submitted one piece of work, but I dunno when Teenink will approve of it. They haven't emailed me. They said they would. :D Oh well. It wasn't very good. I didn't know which place to put it in either. I put it in Fiction and then Sci Fi/Fantasy... it's not Sci Fi but it is my imagination. :D LOL! I'm cluless... (spelling?)

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
Thanks, just look at the title and to the right of that there are some grey stars. Just move your mouse from left to write across it and click whichever star is your rating. And you should definately submit. Even if it's just for the feedback, it's helpful.

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

Sure. I'd be VERY happy to vote on it. How do I do that? I don't have anything out right now. I just started using teenink... so... yea. But I'm looking at puting something in the fiction section I wrote when I was a little younger. I thought it was kinda cool. Depends though.

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
You just put a huge smile on my face! I would appreciate if you did! And you can vote on it too. And I'll vote on one of yours:P

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

I will pray that it gets published. ( :

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
Beyond awesome. My dream come true...

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

It would be awesome if you got published!!!

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
Oh, well glad you didn't notice LOL..... I probably over analize it since I really want to get published. But whatever:]

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

I didn't see any typo's... if you made them they aren't visible. I'd guess someone would have to be disecting the review to notice. :D

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
Thank you, your comment was encouraging:] I was so excited about getting the review in to the website that I made a thousand typo's. That's embarrassing but anyway thanks for the comment.

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!! I have it. It is wonderful. I love how you wrote the review. It is so well put together it makes me wanna go listen to it right now. :D