Anything For You by Evanescence | Teen Ink

Anything For You by Evanescence

August 24, 2010
By SashaaFiercex3 PLATINUM, Flushing, New York
SashaaFiercex3 PLATINUM, Flushing, New York
25 articles 28 photos 42 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't look back unless you're planning on going in that direction"


What is this song really trying to get out? Is it trying to get the point out of giving in to someone Else's need, so they could love you in return?

"I'll believe all your lies
Just pretend you love me"
The lyric above is basically saying love me and ill believe everything you're saying. Amy Lee is singing about believing in everything said, and in return that someone will love her.

The lyrics have strong meaning behind them. By being something you're not just for someone to love you. i personally love Evanescence, and i think all their songs have a different meaning. depending on how you take it; i think this song can lower someone's self confidence. by becoming someone you're not all for this "someone" to love you.

Every time i listen to this song i think of changing myself from inside out, to make this "someone" accept me and love me. I feel a bit upset and saddened, because i think of fairy tales and compare my life to the story, bringing my self esteem and confidence down.


The author's comments:
I Love Evanescence and this was my thought on the theme of the song was. Don't get me wrong i love this song, I'm just interpreting the lyrics.