Best Thing I Never Had by Beyonce | Teen Ink

Best Thing I Never Had by Beyonce

By x.beth_mia.x BRONZE, Droitwich, Other
x.beth_mia.x BRONZE, Droitwich, Other

'' Never give up''
'' Always be yourself''

When Beyonce's single 'Best Thing I Never Had' was released it went straight to number sixteen on the singles chart. It then crept it's way up to number four. It has now been out for nine weeks and is now at number. So what is actually the meaning of the song?

Well the clue is in the title 'Best Thing I Never Had' which means that you thought you were in love with this guy, but through his actions you realised that you were better off without him, and that is where 'Best Thing I Never' comes in to the song.

At the beginning of the song she starts off by saying that everything was going good in the relationship and there was no lies. But when she looks back she See's all these little things that she never noticed before. She then starts to realise the monster that is actually behind the image.

The lyrics then go on to say how she is never going to make this mistake again with another man, and that she is glad that things never got serious. Near the end it says ''I bet it sucks to be you right now'', as he wants her back, but she knows that she does not want to make the same mistake again and that she is better off without him.

In the song it also goes on to say ''You don't deserve my tears
I guess that's why they ain't there'', this shows that she knows that he isn't worth crying over.

At the very end of the song she says to the man that they will never get back together as she realises the mistake she made.

Verdict:
This is a beautiful, beautiful song and it is for anyone going through a break-up and then they can relate to this song. It helps people who are going through a break-up to realise that you should be happy that you have seen the mistake and that you will move on.

Song Rating: 9.5/10

What inspired me to do a review on 'Best Thing I Never Had' was because the song was so beautifully touching and I wanted to share my views with everyone else on Teen Ink and see if they felt the same.