Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds | Teen Ink

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

By teacuppoetry GOLD, Lancashire, Other
teacuppoetry GOLD, Lancashire, Other

The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes- Sherlock Holmes

On the 13th of February, I attended a Noel Gallagher concert.

I had an amazing night.

Noel played all of his solo album 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds'
1.Everybody's on the run
2.Dream On
3.If I Had A Gun...
4.The Death Of You And Me
5.(I Wanna Live A Dream In My) Record Machine
6.AKA... What A Life
7.Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks
8.AKA... Broken Arrow
9.(Stranded On) The Wrong Beach
10.Stop The Clocks
11.The Good Rebel
12.Alone On The Rope

and some well known Oasis songs,
1.Don't Look Back In Anger
2.(It's Good)To Be Free (oasis cover)
3.Mucky Fingers
4.Freaky Teeth
5.Supersonic
6.Talk Tonight
7.Half The World Away
8.Whatever
9.Little By Little
10.The Importance Of Being Idle

The crowd were very participant on the night. I seem to recall quite a few Liam Gallagher look a likes on the night, you know, the duffle coat, glasses, haircut etc.
At one point, somewhere in the standing area, somebody at the front chucked beer to people way behind them and then the people way behind, chucked some back, they must of got drenched.

Noel Gallagher played brilliantly on the night. I don't think he's got quite used to being a front man yet but I'm sure he'll get there. I'm glad he used his electric guitar at times and played some guitar solos too.

The highlight of the night was when he played 'Don't Look Back In Anger'. Everyone in the ENTIRE arena was stood up with their hands in the air singing the most famous line 'So sally can wait'. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed that including myself.

All in all, it was a great night and I hope one time, I can see him perform again, if you haven't booked tickets this time round, book them next time because it is well worth the money.

I aspire to be a journalist so I did a review on the concert I saw

teacuppoetry GOLD, Lancashire, Other

Well, how am I supposed to review a concert if I don't say what I thought, in newspapers they do the same so I was doing what everyone does, oh and I know it's your opinion.

NewsJunkie said...
NewsJunkie, Wilmington, Delaware

"I'm high maintenance, but I'm worth it."
-Lara Logan

Reviews are generally not in the first person and are not memoir- type pieces; they are unbiased judgments, just like you see in columns in newspapers. Maybe you could put it in the nonfiction section. Please realize that I am not being harsh;I'm simply offering my opinion.

teacuppoetry GOLD, Lancashire, Other

I don't quite understand why it wouldn' belong in a reviews section because it is a review of a concert and if you have heard of the former band Oasis, well one of the brother's Noel Gallagher, that's his act

NewsJunkie said...
NewsJunkie, Wilmington, Delaware

-Lara Logan

Ohhh, and also, I just started a new thread in the nonfiction section of the forums entitled "Attention HS Journalists" or something like that. If you are a HS journalist or are interested in journalism please visit.

NewsJunkie said...
NewsJunkie, Wilmington, Delaware

-Lara Logan

Sundaysmile is right it is good but perhaps doesn't belong in the reviews section. A good follow-up to this would be an actual review. I can't wait to see it! By the way, is this band in the UK? I'm from the US and haven't heard of them.

teacuppoetry GOLD, Lancashire, Other

I agree with you, thanks for the feedback 

sundaysmile SILVER, Jackson, Mississippi
I like this. :) Sounds like a fun night! Only thing I would say is your grammar, capitalization, etc. (Sorry, little OCD with this stuff. And going to be an English teach someday. Can't resist the nerd.) Also, I'd tell a little bit more about the music than the concert. What do the songs make you feel? How do they sound? Do they have an attached memories with them? Stuff like that. But this is good. Thanks for posting! ^^