In Utero by Nirvana | Teen Ink

In Utero by Nirvana

By dintandmint GOLD, Hamilton, Other
dintandmint GOLD, Hamilton, Other

"And these children/that you spit on/ as they try to change their worlds/ are immune to your consultations/they're quite aware/ what they're going through" -David Bowie

In Utero is perhaps my favourite studio album by the one and only Nirvana. Released September 13th 1993, it was the album following the hugely popular "Nevermind". Kurt Cobain at the time was fully immersed in his drug habits, and in order to complete the recordings the band was relatively isolated in Cannon Falls, Minnesota. They had set a two week deadline to record the album, an extremely impressive feat they managed to complete. Kurt Cobain,one of my favourite musicians of all time, was the artistic genius who wrote all the tracks himself. I am a HUGE fan of every single one of the tracks, as I view them as truly awesome. Some of my favourites are "tourette's", "Rape me", and "Heart Shaped Box". They truly define grunge,in their raw and emotional power. Krist Novoselic (bass) and Dave Grohl(drums) are of course amazing accompaniment to the withdrawn and intricate voice of Cobain. I believe this album deserves 10/5 stars on the scale of awesome! You must listen to "IN UTERO"!

king-raven BRONZE, Kelowna, Other

"Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion" Hunter S Thompson, Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas.

One of my favorite Nirvana albums <3  Awesome review :)