Plans by Death Cab for Cutie | Teen Ink

Plans by Death Cab for Cutie

By Maggie99 SILVER, Versailles, Kentucky
Maggie99 SILVER, Versailles, Kentucky

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. -Robert Frost

Death Cab for Cutie’s album “Plans” is perfect for any teen that loves alternative music – or doesn’t. The lead vocalist, Ben Gibbard, sings to our generation. The songs are easy to relate to if you’re a teen with an inspired heart. I fell in love with Gibbard’s smooth, captivating voice within one iTunes preview of a song.

Unlike what I refer to as “pop garbage,” the songs included in this album are meaningful and intriguing. When listening to the lyrics alone, the songs sound like beautiful pieces of poetry. I have a very hard time choosing a favorite song, but I have to say my top two are “Soul Meets Body” and “Someday You Will Be Loved.” These songs in particular spoke to my heart, and helped me escape from my life if only for a while.
Music should make you feel something; this album does more than that. Like books, the best music is not only relatable; it also constructs a visual in your mind. The movie you establish from a song is written by the artist and directed by you.

I urge you to check this band out. “Plans” is the perfect album to get you started. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

thatawkwardkid GOLD, Sarasota, Florida

"My Chemical Romance is done, but it can never die."
-Gerard Arthur Way, MCR

Plans is easily the most beautiful album by Death Cab. My favorite is What Sarah Said. I get goosebumps listening to that song. 

CariePierce BRONZE, Lancaster, Pennsylvania

"Imagination rules the world." -Napoleon Bonaparte

This is one of my favourite albums of all time, so I appreciate what you wrote. Good job. (: