Danny Worsnop by Harlot | Teen Ink

Danny Worsnop by Harlot

By musicprincess PLATINUM, Braselton, Georgia
musicprincess PLATINUM, Braselton, Georgia

They say that love is forever, your forever is all that I need

Alright Inkers, this is going to be a relatively short review as there have only been teasers released by Danny Worsnop's new band, Harlot. The infamous front man of the popular metal-core/screamo band, Asking Alexandria, is known for his killer screams and controversial lifestyle, so when I heard of his new side project, I had to give it a listen. In all honesty, I was expecting an Asking spin off with the exact same break downs and the exact same riffs with electronica interludes. Man, was I surprised and this is the only time I've actually been ecstatic to be 100% wrong. Heads up, buddy can sing like nobody's business. Danny really, truly can sing like nothing I've ever heard and, coming from a music junkie like me, that's saying something. He's got a real grit to his voice that keeps with the rock and roll sound we all crave. But more so, there's actual soul and passion in his voice that is all but gone in the rock industry. If you don't have soul or a passion for what you do, you shouldn't be doing it. Danny, that lovely gent is a true musician, and an exemplary one at that. Gone are the days of senseless screaming and pounding on defenseless instruments. Now rising are the good old days of rock and roll hailed by the new guard. Here is my prediction for Mr. Worsnop's future:
Asking Alexandria ( as much as this pains me to say) is very well on their way out. And, as much as I love them and cling desperately to my beloved Stand Up and Scream album, they may very well soon be but a memory. While that sounds cold and very un-fan like of me to say, Asking seems to be dwindling and losing relevancy in today's music scene. I feel that is partially due to the fact that real, honest musicality isn't really their focus and the soul isn't there anymore. It pains me to watch this happen (particularly because i haven't even seen them live yet), but i realize that it is ultimately inevitable. However, I predict that the year following the release of Harlot's first album will hail the dawn of a new era for Danny and his music. The first album is going to blow up and this band will be even bigger and better than its predecessor. Just watch. We are about to see very great things from Mr. Worsnop.