We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus | Teen Ink

We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus

By MacyGrace GOLD, Houston, Texas
MacyGrace GOLD, Houston, Texas

"Taking no chances means wasting your dreams"- Ellen Hopkins

While I have never been a fan of Miley Cyrus or Hannah Montana, I went freaky obsessed on her new song 'We Can't Stop'. When I first read about it on Twitter, and saw postings of it on Instagram, I decided to check it out. I'm always open to new songs and new music. The new song is fresh and gives her a more of an adult sound. As a child star for Disney, she was never able to be herself, having to keep a certain image for the children who watched her shows. I do have some concerns of it though. In my personal opinion there are a few lyrics that are questionable. "Everyone trying to get a line in the bathroom" is obviously referring to cocaine. Now this other lyric is defiantly controversial. It could be heard as "Dancin' with Molly" which is referring to ecstasy or "Dancin' with Miley". That part mainly just depends on how you hear it because there isn't an official lyric website that says what the true word is. Other than that, the song is really catchy and I love this new Miley, who is really showing her new and true self.