System of a Down - Steal This Album | Teen Ink

System of a Down - Steal This Album MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

"Steal This Album" by System of a Down is just another doomed escapade in the long and painful parade of musical blunders from modern metal bands. While some of the songs are typical System with abstract musical rhythms and somewhat peculiar choices of lyrical scores, others seem to take their cue from similar metal bands such as Metallica and, in the case of the first track, Queen.

The lyrics are mostly incomprehensible, drug-induced hysterical shouting, while others are so indecipherable they seem thrown together in the last few minutes of a coffee break.

I would not recommend this album to any hard-core heavy-metal fan. Its spotty lyrical and musical arrangements make for a rather arduous and somewhat agonizing experience.

AngelForeverBleedingLove DIAMOND, Frederic, Wisconsin

You say you don't remember,
But I will never forget

System of a Down is actually really good. The Lead singer is Taij, whom is a former opera singer. The band isn't actually together anymore, but if you can comprehend what they are actually saying, the lyrics are actually good. Don't judge a book by it's cover, there might be something good on the inside.

o0Anon0o said...
Have you ever even listened to this album?