Jaguar Wright - Denials Delusions and Decisions | Teen Ink

Jaguar Wright - Denials Delusions and Decisions MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

   If you've heard the girl singing in the Coca-Cola commercials, then you've gotten alittle taste of Jaguar Wright.

The Philadelphia songstress servesdistinctive plates of positiveness, reality and retaliation on her soulful debutin "Denials Delusions and Decisions."

In "The WhatIfs" (the song Wright sings for Coca-Cola), Wright bad-mouths a boyfriendwho left her for another woman. This tune is sure to be a hit.

PattiLaBelle's classic "Love Need And Want You" is resurrectedWright-style with high notes and strong vocals.

Wright teams up with TheRoots' rapper Black Thought in "Ain't Nobody Playin'" and "I Can'tWait" shows her mature side. It's a body-bumping collaboration with Bilal,another Philly crooner. The song will put you back in the ྌs while describing alove affair.

"Lineage" is the most heartfelt song on the disk.Wright lost five family members in one year, and this is her tribute. She soundslike an angel as she gives her message to the world: Love your family now becausewhen they're gone, all you can do is remember.

The most powerful song is"Self Love," which begins mellow and leaves the listener in a jazzyspell. The uniqueness of Wright's vocals can be heard as she asks all to lovethemselves.

If you want to be serenaded with a serving of in-your-face,unapologetic, positive tunes, Jaguar Wright is for you.