Blur | Teen Ink

Blur MAG

By Anonymous

   In September Blur played a great show at the Orpheum theater in Boston. Blur is the band best known for their hit, "Song 2," which has been receiving a lot of radio airplay. At this show, Blur proved that they were more than just a one-hit wonder, and played an energy-filled set.

Along with many of new songs from their recent self-titled album, Blur also had the crowd singing along to songs from their largely ignored debut album, "Park Life." The title track was especially well-received.

The band put out a lot of energy with never a dull moment onstage. Damon Albarn, the band's singer, kept the crowd's attention, and helped relieve some of the almost intolerable heat in the Orpheum by spraying water on the crowd. The band played flawlessly and managed to keep up the same high-energy performance throughout the show.

The opening band was the Dandy Warhols, who had problems with their sound system. Nevertheless, they managed to keep the crowd's interest, and played a good set despite problems with their volume and feedback. The crowd responded well to their current single, "Heroin is so Pass"."

Blur is one of the most famous bands in Europe, but have not received as much exposure in the United States. With this concert, however, they proved they could really captivate an American audience as well as a European one. Hopefully Blur will receive a lot more attention in the future