Pink Floyd | Teen Ink

Pink Floyd MAG

By Anonymous

   If you didn't go to the Pink Floyd concert this May, or haven't seen the concert on Pay-Per-View, you missed one heck of a concert. It was a first class performance by the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band.

After 28 years of touring, Pink Floyd is still going strong. David Gilmour well deserves the title of the greatest guitarist of all time, especially during extended solos like "Shine On You Crazy Diamond," "Money," and "Comfortably Numb."

The $5 million stage was more than 200-feet long and required 700 tons of steel. The stage resembled half of a huge shell. Over 300 speakers filled the stadium with the best space rock ever!

Original Pink Floyd members were David Gilmour, lead vocals and guitar; Rick Wright on keyboards; and Nick Mason on drums. They included three back-up singers, electric and bass guitars, saxophone, keyboards and percussion in this spectacular performance.

The Pink Floyd concert was like a natural high with kaleidoscope and lava lamp images on the back of the shell. In the middle of the stage was a huge circular screen which showed things including clocks coming toward you, runways with airplanes taking off, and the sun being eclipsed by the moon.

At the end of the first half, two giant pigs with glaring eyes emerged from the top of the speakers. They danced around during "Pigs on the Wing," and at the end of the song, they fell onto the ground. After the pigs fell, extremely bright balls of fire shot from the front of the stage. It was so amazing that I had a "Momentary Lapse of Reason."

I've been to a lot of concerts, but the Pink Floyd concert was the most incredible experience I've ever had. There are rumors that Pink Floyd is coming back to the United States in the spring. If these rumors are true, you can be sure I'll be there