Bon Jovi | Teen Ink

Bon Jovi MAG

By Anonymous

   I was one of the very lucky 750 people to see Bon Jovi live before their world tour as part of a series of club dates. When my brother and I arrived at Toad's the next day at 9: 30 a.m. to buy our tickets, things looked bleak. We got in line behind 300 people. After standing in line for four hours, my brother and I bought two tickets, each for forty dollars!

On October 13th, we stood in the cramped, crowded, hot club for three and a half hours before the main attraction hit the stage. All members came on: Richie Sambora (guitars), Alec John Such (bass), David Bryan (keyboards), and Tico Torres (drums) before the lead singer and famous heartthrob Jon Bon Jovi hit the stage. His new short haircut did not discourage fans who snapped pictures.

The band kicked off with the Beatles classic "A Little Help From My Friends." This pumped up the crowd which was already in a frenzy. The group played many of their classics such as "You Give Love a Bad Name," "Wild in the Streets," and "Born to Be My Baby" to which the crowd powerfully sang along. Bon Jovi then played "Bed of Roses," one of their new songs from the forthcoming album "Keep the Faith."

Jon was a comic and got the crowd excited. He whipped around the stage like a madman, shaking his whole body vigorously. The rest of the band's playing was great.

The band made a melody out of the Rascals' "Good Lovin,'" Van Morrison's "Gloria," and their own "Bad Medicine." The energized "Shout" by the Isley Brothers brought the crowd into an expulsion of power.

The encores included an acoustic "Living on a Prayer," "Wanted Dead or Alive," and the new album's title track "Keep the Faith." The solid hour and half set ended at the stroke of midnight.

Many fans, including me, walked out of the club with a better understanding of the true "live" experience and the power of a sold-out show. Many were pleased to be one of the lucky ones of to see this great event.

Note: A portion of the proceeds went to benefit Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Gang Camp for seriously ill children. n