India Arie- “Testimony: Vol. 2, Love and Politics” | Teen Ink

India Arie- “Testimony: Vol. 2, Love and Politics”

March 2, 2009
By Tiffany Young BRONZE, Rochester, New York
Tiffany Young BRONZE, Rochester, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

India Arie’s new album “Testimony: Vol. 2, Love and Politics, just doesn’t deserve to be thrown in a pile of other different CDs, this album definitely deserves to have its own shelf. It’s just that good.

“Testimony: Vol. 2, Love and Politics” is the sequel to India Arie’s Grammy nominated, Testimony: Vol. 1, Life and Relationships. It was released on February 10, 2008. The album features artists like, Mc Lyte, Musiq Soulchild, Sezen Aksu, Dobet Gnanore and many others. India Arie’s music is very similar to work of other neo soul artists like Floetry, Anthony Hamilton and Alicia Keys.

Arie’s lyrics are just amazing. Her words and phrases are so encouraging. They kind of make you feel a bit better about yourself and who you are as a person. Arie covers many issues that are occurring around the world, and that’s a plus for me. This album may help people become a little bit more aware of the problems that are happening in areas that we aren’t to certain about. GO CHECK IT OUT!


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.