Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande | Teen Ink

Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande MAG

By Lysander PLATINUM, Bangalore, Other
Lysander PLATINUM, Bangalore, Other

I slay.

On May 20, 2016, Ariana Grande dropped her hotly anticipated album, “Dangerous Woman.” While Grande’s first two albums show the pop star dreaming in a blissful trance about her bae, this latest album portrays an assertive woman who is independent and knows herself.
The intro, “Moonlight,” with infusions of piano and violin, is really soft on your ears. Just the kind of song you’d want to hear on your wedding day. Next comes the title track. It’s sensuous, with smoky lyrics paired with a catchy, thumping rhythm. Many critics believe that “Dangerous Woman” is about change and self-assertion, and the song definitely has a feminist vibe.
Grande premiered “Be Alright” along with “Dangerous Woman” on “Saturday Night Live.” It speaks of the hardships in a relationship and how the hard times are golden because they lead to better days. On “Into You,” Ariana uses her vocal cords like nobody’s business. My favorite part is the bridge. If you are up for some classic pop lyrics mixed with a bit of R&B, then “Side to Side” will appeal to you; it features Nicki Minaj and her ever-slaying bubblegum rap.
“Let Me Love You” featuring Lil Wayne has a quaint tune that flawlessly pairs with the lyrics. Grande basically whispers the song, and Lil Wayne’s rap, as always, sounds carefree and yet is spot on.
“Greedy” is another of my favorites. The instrumental background is so rich that Billboard went so far as to call Grande “Lady Bruno Mars” because of this song. Trust me, it’s worth tapping your foot to. “Leave Me Lonely,” featuring Macy Gray is probably the saddest and most powerful song on the album. I was a tad disappointed with “Everyday” ft. Future and “Bad Decisions.” They just didn’t have the Ariana Grande punch.
“Sometimes” is also really good, with a proper rhythm. How can I forget “Knew Better” (parts 1 and 2). Both are really smooth and easy flowing songs. Part 2 is deliciously shady, though, and isn’t meant for everybody.
“Thinking Bout You” is your typical song of missing someone you love and always thinking about them. The chorus is slow and catchy. The special edition of the album includes “Step On Up” and “Jason’s Song.” On the latter, the vocals will hit you in the face; it’s probably Grande’s rawest, most beautiful song.
Overall, “Dangerous Woman,” is classier, smokier, and more lyric-focused than “Yours Truly” and “My Everything.” The pop-star vibe has been lowered a notch. It definitely deserves its recent Grammy nomination. Go listen.

okay YES I ADMIT IT. I'm an Arianator.

aalaazah1 PLATINUM, Colombo, Other

where words fail music speaks
success is a journey, not a destination

when you feel your best, everybody else can feel it too - ARIANA GRANDE

If you are able to look yourself
in the mirror every day
with the decisions that you make,
that's where power starts - SELENA GOMEZ

Before you judge people judge yourself - ZAYN MALIK

haters will say what they want, but their hate will
never stop you from chasing your dream- JUSTIN BIEBER

If you follow your dreams,
it means you follow your heart.
if you do follow your heart,
I don't think you can go wrong- CELINE DION

I love this review... and to admit in an arianator too...