Shameless | Teen Ink

Shameless

By yunus-hussaini BRONZE, Sacramento, California
yunus-hussaini BRONZE, Sacramento, California

'' What is real will prosper''- Jahseh Onfroy

Shameless is one of those shows where your friend does not stop talking about it until you watch it.

Shameless is the story of a family of six kids and their drunk and selfish father. The eldest daughter Fiona has to raise the rest of the family on her own. They need to steal food and steal money to live while their father takes everything and offers nothing.

This show includes genres of comedy, and drama. Each character has there own different unique way of showing it. Main characters like Fionna who is the base of the family and is the one in charge of everything and is the one keeping the family together... and then a totally different character, we got her little brother Carl that likes to spend money play video games and bully other kids at school for the sake of just having fun and being the “top dawg” of the school.

Shameless is a very diverse show they like to include other races, religion and gender to this show so everyone has at least a thing they can relate to and enjoy. For example one of the main family members of the show Ian Gallagher is gay and is having an affair with his boss that is muslim in there gas station store.

If you're a person that loves a show full of plot twist and a total turn in the story lines this show is right for you. That is one of the huge reasons i love watching this show and i think many people can agree to that too. Shameless is a big hit from having the show broadcast in ‘show time’, getting a review of 8.7/10 by critics in IMDB and having a remake of the show made in the UK for them to enjoy as well.

As far as this show goes for me after watching 9 seasons of it, it always gave me a good massage or a realization of how much we need to be appreciative of our friends and family and always having their back no matter what because thats what makes us a family. going through thick and thin and always pushing each other more and more towards successes. And that is all aside from the crazy stuff that goes on in this show.

This was a very fun article for me to write.