Xoxo Gossip Girl- Review | Teen Ink

Xoxo Gossip Girl- Review

November 2, 2021
By Anonymous

Hello Upper-East Siders. Today I will be talking about one of my favorite shows of all time- Gossip Girl. The 2007 show has so many plot twists, crazy characters, and fantastic scenery/architecture that you can never get tired of watching. 

Gossip Girl is a television series that aired from 2007-2012. You can still watch it on websites such as HBO Max and Netflix. It is about the lives of wealthy teenagers living on the Upper-East side in New York. The show gets its name from an anonymous website that posts what is happening in the teens' lives. No matter how embarrassing, horrible, or evil these secrets were, nonetheless, they got distributed throughout the whole Upper-East side. The show can be considered a romance because of the significant number of love stories between each character. If you want to find out more, watch the show. If you are still not convinced, continue reading.  

You can watch Gossip Girl many times before you get bored of it. I have watched it around four times, and I can say that I have never thought that it became repetitive. Each moment differs so much from the next that you will not know what's coming.  The plot has so many insane twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat. Each event shocks you more than the next. I don’t want to spoil the show for you but let’s just say you will not be disappointed. 

On top of the wild plot, the characters are crazy and never let the story get repetitive. Characters like Blair Waldorf, Serena Van Der Woodson, Dan, and Jenny Humphrey, Nate Archibald, Chuck Bass, Georgina Sparks, and many more keep the storyline intriguing. Their relationships and the way they interact with each other is fascinating. They accuse each other of being “Gossip Girl” or sending tips to her about their lives. Immense amounts of drama occur, and sometimes the show includes the teens’ parents’ issues. Overall, each character allows the story never to have a dull moment and will keep you wanting more. 

As well as the characters and plot, the scenery and architecture shown in the show are gorgeous and fascinating. Each of the characters’ huge multi-million dollar apartments has beautiful decorations that are very interesting to look at while watching the show. Even the characters who are less fortunate still have amusing pieces of art and furniture in their homes. When they are outside on the streets of New York City, the buildings are shown. They look very impressive, and I enjoy seeing a look of New York from a New Yorker’s perspective. 

Overall, I recommend the show “Gossip Girl” to any girl ages 12-18. The drama has many fascinating characters, views, and storylines that you can never get bored of. I rate it 10/10, and I hope you will begin to check the show out after reading this.