Outer Banks Review | Teen Ink

Outer Banks Review

By 27rm02 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
27rm02 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

¨Once a Pogue, always a Pogue.¨ Do you know what a Pogue is? The main characters in the show Outer Banks (OBX) are Pogues. They are best friends with certain rules, and they're always going on an adventure with each other. A pogue isn't rich, they aren't a kook. A kook is a rich person who lives on the wealthy side of the island. That side has fancy houses and cars. Personally, I really enjoyed the show Outer Banks, I also know a lot of others did too. That's why I am recommending it to you. It shows you how important friendships are and why you should build them, and work things out even when it's a hard situation. If you find good enough friends they will fight the hard times with you, and you realize it in this show along with lots of other excellent life advice. The characters, plot, scenes, and seasons make up the show. They keep it interesting and very entertaining. 

There are a lot of characters in Outer Banks, but the main ones are Sarah Cameron who is Rafe's sister, and Ward's daughter. John B who I feel if I had to choose I would say he is the main character. John B is JJ´s best friend. JJ is an outgoing person. Kiara (Kie) starts not a fan of Sarah because of a problem with them in the past but later the two become best friends. Pope is best friends with them all and helps them all out a lot. The last two people are Rafe and Ward. Ward is the father of Sarah, Rafe, and another daughter, Wheezie. Ward is not the best guy but neither is Rafe. Rafe has his issues. They casted the right people to play their roles and parts. There are a lot of characters in the show but they all help build the plot.

The plot is amazing. They put cliffhangers at the end of the episodes, but you don't need to worry about having to wait for the next episode to come out. It's streamed on Netflix as of right now that's the only place you can watch OBX. They drop all the episodes at the same time, and I hope they keep doing that because I don't prefer to wait for a week before the next episode comes out. The storyline of the show is super good. It keeps you on your toes and always has something interesting going on. The cast is always doing something whether that's searching for something or someone or they're on a ¨mission.¨ The scenes in the show help the plot significantly. 

When you watch a show or movie there are a lot of scenes. Outer Banks has really interesting episodes. They are always on adventures and looking for something, or even running away from someone or something. In the first season, you are introduced to a character who within a few episodes gets shot by someone else who's significant. The family who shot the person tries to cover it up and frame John B. Everyone believes it was John B, besides his friends. He has to run from the cops for a long time because no one believes him. That part of the show was really interesting because you never know what was gonna happen next. That adventure was from the first season but there are 3 seasons in total, and there's a 4th coming out. 

The seasons all follow a plot, focusing on one of the main character's adventures. The first season focuses on John B., he's searching for the gold from the Royal Merchant. His dad started looking for it and came so close to figuring it out, but sadly we don't know what happened to Big John. John B. encourages his friends to help him there's a lot that comes with it. The second season focuses on Pope. Pope searches for a key tied to his family because he finds out he is related to Denmark Tanny. The key supposedly leads to the cross of Santo Domingo. It's made out of pure gold. The artifact was aboard the Royal Merchant when it sunk. Popes friends help him even though he starts to get carried away, and puts them through a lot. But Pogues stick together. The third season is a good one. Tons and tons of things happen. They learn a lot of things. Finally, at the end of the third season, they get offered to go on another mission that has to do with Black Beard the pirate. They keep everything interesting.

I enjoyed watching Outer Banks. If you are into mysteries, action, or adventure you will enjoy this show. The characters helped build the show because the cast knows how to play their characters. They make it feel like it's real and not just a TV show. The plot is amazing, they keep it so you just want to keep watching episode after episode. Scenes in this show are so good they go on a lot of adventures, and missions. They keep putting new seasons out so you don't have to wait years for the next one. I recommend this show to you if you enjoy watching action, adventure, and mystery shows and/or movies.