Swat | Teen Ink

Swat

"Never be in a hurry to die”. “S.W.A.T” is a popular TV show about the everyday life of a Swat member and the things they have to deal with while teaching the mindset and strengths needed to survive in today's society. “S.W.A.T.” stands for Special Weapons and Tactics. I think this is a great TV show for anyone. Every day after school, I round up the family in hopes they want to watch “S.W.A.T.” Usually, it is very easy because it’s such a great TV series that they can’t say no. They can't say no for many reasons: it teaches valuable lessons about today's society, it is very suspenseful, and it has an abundance of episodes and great actors. 
One of the main reasons “S.W.A.T” is such a good show is because it teaches things I need to know about today's society and how these things can impact a person very quickly. It also shows how to stay away from these things. Being a teenager I like to think that these things will never happen to me, just like Daryl does as one of the main characters. But, I look back and see how Daryl gets into these bad situations and think, “This could happen to anyone”. It's just that some people go looking for it more than others. So the lessons and tactics I've learned to stay out of these bad situations are now very important to me by just watching this one TV show. That's the educational reason this show is so good. “S.W.A.T.” is an informative TV show to watch but the suspense of it also makes it interesting.
This show is also really good because it is very suspenseful. This show is almost like two stories at once. One part is about the “S.W.A.T.” job itself and the other part is about the people's lives as the S.W.A.T. members. The first part is a mystery but it is resolved by the end of every episode. The other part is spread out over multiple episodes and is almost always left on a cliffhanger. Each episode makes me want to keep watching. With there being a new mystery, in every episode, one might think they would run out of ideas, but they somehow never have the same scenarios. However, some do give off the same message. All of these suspenseful aspects are why this TV show is so good. 
The last reason this show is so good is because it has an abundance of episodes and great actors/characters. This show is different from most TV shows where there are just one or two seasons. This show has 7 seasons and 128 episodes in total. With how many seasons there are, it doesn’t feel like the show is over in a couple of days. This show features Shemar Moore as Hondo, Kenny Johnson as Luca, and Lina Esco as Chris. There are many more popular names, which makes this a good TV show. This is the last reason that “S.W.A.T.”, the TV show, is so good. 
Overall, “S.W.A.T” is a great TV show for many reasons, from the lessons I’ve learned about society and how to overcome those bad things, it is very suspenseful and makes me want to keep watching, and there is an abundance of episodes and great actors. S.W.A.T. stands behind its name because when I think of S.W.A.T. members I think of tough, smart, and respectful people and that is exactly what I get and more in this show. I highly recommend going and watching this show. Thank me later because I know you’ll like it. 

This is a review essay about the tv show SWAT.