If You Really Knew Me | Teen Ink

If You Really Knew Me

July 22, 2010
By Muzic4MeAlwayz SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Muzic4MeAlwayz SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
9 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is a perfect bond of union."


If you've ever been in high school, or are currently in it now, you know the routine and how crazy it can be. You may have lots of friends and seem to stand out in the crowd because of your personality or interests. You probably know how many cliques there are too, and maybe you and your friends are a part of one. Jocks, Band Geeks, Goths, Nerds, Cheerleaders, Popular kids, or Outcasts. These cliques consist of people who are grouped with the same personality as themselves, and also there interests in high school. The people in these cliques are comfortable with each other, and seem to know everything about one another. But ever stop to think that maybe you don't? Maybe you tend to judge someone by the type of group there in, but ever think about what they really are like?

If You Really Knew Me is a recent MTV show that takes you through the life of 5 teens at a certain high school, and each of the cliques they hang in. These kids are met with Challenge Day, a program that challenges the teens to pull out of they’re cliques and tell other students they’re real personality and even some serious problems they have encountered in their life, problems others wouldn't even think they had. For some, Challenge Day will really change their lives and make others think differently about them. Maybe it’ll even help them gain friendship with other teens, and open there eyes to see how each of them has a lot in common. You ready to see the change?

If You Really Knew Me airs Tuesdays at 11 p.m. on MTV.