Hannah Montana | Teen Ink

Hannah Montana

November 20, 2007
By Anonymous

How would you like to be a teenage girl AND a popstar? To fourteen-year-old Miley Stewart, its everyday life. She has a normal life during the day; friends, school, and punishments. But at night, she turns into a famous singer; glamorous gowns, parties, and concerts. The show Hannah Montana focuses on the struggles of being an adolescent girl with a twist of being an artist. It airs on Saturdays on Disney Channel at 7/6 p.m. central. This show is great because the plot is entertaining, the characters are believable and funny, and the comedy is funny for children as well as adults.

The basic idea of this show is how fourteen-year-old year old Miley Stewart makes it through the obstacles of being a teenager and being famous. Hannah Montanna is a unique show for the simple fact that there is comedy for the adults who have to watch the show because of their children. For example: Jackson (Miley’s older brother) is at work selling sunglasses, when he puts on a pair of John Linon glasses and says “SHARRON!” as Ozzy Osbourne is famous for. A plus is that the writing for the actors is written exceptionally well. It fits the actors natural accents. Especially Robby Ray’s and Miley’s. Because they are from Tennessee, they have a thick accent. There for, the writers add in jokes that country people would make. Miley says,
“Well, daddy, that’s the… [pauses] smartest thing you ever thought of!” Robby Ray answers back,
“You know what they say, honey, every once in a while a blind pig snorts up a truffle!”
The main characters are Lily Trescott and Oliver Okin as Miley’s best friends, Robby Ray as Miley’s stage Dad (as well as her real dad) and Hannah’s manager, and Jackson as the crazy awkward brother. The star of the show is Miley Cyrus as the part of Miley Stewart and Hannah Montana. And her talent of looking and acting like a shy, self-conscious teen, to a confident star helps her play this role well.
But the actors that REALLY stand out are Mitchell Musso (Oliver Okin) and Robby Ray Cyrus (Robby Ray Stewart). Robby Ray because of his cute country accent and comedy. His amusing famous catch phrase is “Sweet Niblets!” Mitchell because of his hilarious teen guy jokes. Like when Miley grabs him by his shirt (in the chest area), Oliver complains.
“Awww man! You pulled out my only chest hair! And I needed that for gym…”
This show is great because the plot is entertaining, the characters are believable and funny, and the comedy is funny for children as well as adults. In conclusion, this show is your best option for a family night or just for entertainment after school. It is definitely the best!