Sherlock Season Two: The Reichenbach Fall | Teen Ink

Sherlock Season Two: The Reichenbach Fall

By ConsultingCompanion221B BRONZE, Cedar Falls, Iowa
ConsultingCompanion221B BRONZE, Cedar Falls, Iowa

"Life is a pile of good things and a pile of bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

"Just one more miracle, Sherlock. For me."
"You were the best man, and the most human, human being I have ever met and no one can convince me that you told me a lie."

Probably the two most heartbreaking lines in the entire series two. The Reichenbach Fall is esentially The Final Problem from ACD's canon.

The episode starts out with John talking to his therapist (The one seen in A Study in Pink) about Sherlock's death. It then jumps to when everything started falling apart for the dynamic duo.

Andrew Scott is back and better than ever as the creepily sexy and chillingly mad as Jim Moriarty. He thinks this whole thing with Sherlock is just a game, and even comes up with a fake guise to undo Sherlock even further.

There are a lot of fairy-tale references in this episode. Grimm's fairy tales. Hansel and Gretel, The Gingerbread Man, and even Humpty Dumpty.

This is the work of the brilliant Steven Thompson. He managed to make the episode funny, heart shattering and dramatic, and yet still stay amazingly to the canon version.

I may be still mending from this episode. And it's been almost a year.

I believe in Sherlock Holmes.

Just a review/warning about the nature of this episode.