7th Heaven | Teen Ink

7th Heaven

By Sparkle1pops PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Sparkle1pops PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado

"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist."
- Oscar Wilde

7th Heaven is a television series created by Brenda Hampton that aired in August 1996 and ended May 2007, there were 11 seasons. It is a drama about the experiences of a family's (The Camdens) everyday life. The show ties in a theme of christianity by having the father Eric (Stephen Collins) be a minister. When the series starts the Camdens are made up of Eric and Annie and their five children: Matt, Mary, Lucy, Simon, Ruthie.The kids age ranges are from Matt, a junior in high school to Ruthie who has not even begun school yet. This show is unique, because it is not a melodramatic soap opera like most christian dramas tend to be; it is laid back, and portrays real life experiences. It also helps you to understand what the correct choices are when you yourself are in the same position as one of the characters on the show. Since there is such a wide age range of characters on this show there is always someone you can relate to. Each episode has its own moral. there are many valuable life lessons to learn from 7th Heaven, and if you learn them by watching this series you will not have to experience them yourself. Another good peak to this show is that they talk about very personal matters that might be hard for you to discuss with someone else, but since these characters are learning about them so can you; if you realise you have a problem by watching this show sometimes they will add the help numbers at the end of the episode. They add the food stamp office number, and the child abuse hotline etc. It is fun to watch the characters mature and know that you yourself are maturing too. This is a great show for the whole family or just for you. 7th Heaven is the perfect show for all audiences.

One of my favorite shows ever.