The George Lopez Show | Teen Ink

The George Lopez Show

Intro-The language of Spanglish is a diverse mixture of both English and Spanish. However comedian George Lopez adds a kick to it by making his own hysterical version of it on his it television show The George Lopez Show. It is on Nick at Night every night at 10 p.m- 11 p.m. It resembles another hit T.V. show with the name Cosby in it.

Plot and Characters- The George Lopez Show is about a Latino family who lives in L.A. However this family is sort of different from most. George and Angie are two very devoted parents. George is a manager of a factory. Angie is a wedding planner and a makeup merchant. Even though they are successful George and Angie used to stay with the George’s mom who during parenting mistreated her son and caused her husband to leave. While George’s dad is rich, his mom fulfils a life of smoking and drinking. Still, George hates his mother, Benny. Angie’s parents are Cuban refugees and the wind up getting a divorce. George and Angie have two adolescent kids. Max and Carmen. Max has dyslexia and falls into peer pressure. Carmen also falls into peer pressure. She takes advantage of her parents but yet things go wrong for her. More characters get added season by season to cause a little more distress into George’s household.

Conclusion-Every episode is different and probably in each and every episode there are about 30 jokes that make you want to crack up. Yet the thrill of the storyline of each episode makes you want to keep watching. However, this show isn’t really meant for kids because it does have some explicit language and themes. Otherwise it one of the best sitcoms EVER!

Verdict- This show is definitely worth watching. George Lopez brings the Latino heat in this realistic yet hilarious sitcom. Out of rating thru 1-10, this would be a 9.5. Be on a lookout because there may be many celebrity appearances. These celebrities include Eva Longoria, Dante Culpepper, Donovan Mcnabb, and a lot others. There are lots of reasons to watch the show. The most important is that it is the funniest show on the planet. It is better than the Cosby Show.

JeremyHerbert PLATINUM, Fairview Park, Ohio
Nice job, but I don't think the language was "explicit," as he uses the "d" and "c" words for the most part.

bbcgreen59 said...
Good essay. It is cool that u put a verdict.