The Office | Teen Ink

The Office

By Elisabeth Cannon BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona
Elisabeth Cannon BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona

NBC has had many hit, late-night television shows. Right now, the hits during prime time include 'My Name Is Earl', 'Medium', 'Heroes', '30 Rock', and many other award-winning television shows. Although these are all very entertaining shows, my all-time favorite television show is 'The Office'. Every Thursday during prime time on NBC this phenomenal and hilarious half-hour T.V. show runs. The cast includes rising names such as Steve Carell, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, and Rainn Wilson. This comedy is set up making fun of documentaries, or a 'mockumentary'. The show has no laugh track or live audience to go along with the storyline of being a documentary of every-day office and work life. Once a person gets into the storyline after watching a few shows, the comedic script gets them hooked.
The story follows a fictional paper company called Dunder Mifflin, and the workers who work in one of the offices in Scranton, Pennsylvania. One thing that makes this a unique and interesting show is that every character, no matter how small their part, has a story behind the character's life and each character has a part in the show that is important to the plot. For example, the main pairs of characters are Jim and Pam, Angela and Andy, Angela and Dwight, Dwight and Michael, and Michael and Jan. Although these characters play as a main role in the episodes, characters such as Toby, Kevin, Stanley, and the 'warehouse workers' also have certain episodes spotlighting these characters. Although the plot has a unique sense of humor, 'The Office', an American show, was actually adopted from the story of a British television show on BBC also titled, 'The Office'.
This show is a 'must-see'. The hilarious sense of humor of the writers leaves you literally laughing out loud during the whole episode. The humor in this show is mostly for older people but can be enjoyed by a wide range of ages. Even my little brother, who is ten years old, enjoys it. The plot is really entertaining and will make you want to watch all five seasons. Tune in Thursdays and I guarantee you will be hooked.

SmileKid:) SILVER, Citrus Heights, California

Everything will be ok in the end, if it is not ok, it is not the end

wow that is so true the fact that after watching a couple shows i was hooked and still am. My friend had told me about it and said i should watch it. i was sure it would be lame but i was laughing instantly. good job on the review