Spiderman PS4 | Teen Ink

Spiderman PS4

January 22, 2019
By Bennettdavid BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Bennettdavid BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

For my birthday this year, I got what I wanted Spider-man. Me being the Marvel fanboy I am made me so hyped for this game to come out, and when it finally did I had to have it. The game itself when it came out didn't disappoint with people immediately calling it the game of the year. Spiderman fans were able to rejoice when the game was better than the previous ones that have been made.  The Gameplay Story and Unlockables are the three best of the game in my opinion so let's talk about them.

The gameplay was by far the best part of this game. The fast-paced style of the game really worked out for this game because it fit the spiderman style everyone wanted in the game. It was constantly entertaining the player, never allowing the player to be able to look away from the screen without losing and having to start over. The best part though is definitely the web-slinging. The web-slinging made the game feel like actually watching the movies. It also made it feel like the player really good at the game when all in all you're probably not. For me, it was what made the game so fastpaced. Flying through the air vaulting off of walls running up buildings gave the game an aspect that I have never seen before in a video game. It made the player feel like they had complete control over what happened during the story. It was truly like playing through your own movie.


The story followed an older version of peter parker who was struggling to keep the city in check due to late bills girl trouble and Aunt May struggling to keep running her homeless shelter. The story was terrifically done because of how it showed the viewers a different side of Peter and how even though he has superpowers he still has troubles in his life as all humans do. Dr. Otto Octavious was a brilliant choice for the villain in this game. Also known as Doctor Octopus he posed a great threat to the city and just really tied the whole story altogether. The story also never got boring, I  never wanted to skip the cutscenes or wait till the actual gameplay it actually made me want to watch them.


Normally just the plain old free roam parts of these games bore me, they make me feel like its just something they added on so the player could keep playing after the story. This game was not one of those cases. The game created these mini challenges or missions that related directly to the story the player just played through. In addition to those missions, the players are able to collect suits from movies like “Spiderman(2002)”, “Spiderman Homecoming”, and, “Avengers Infinity War. With that, the player  can suit up as every rendition of Spiderman that has been made like Toby Maguire, Andrew Garfield, or Tom Holland. The gadgets were also a cool addition to the game. It helped the player fight enemies quicker and more efficiently. For example, the player could get tazer webs or webs that did more damage to enemies. The game also allowed players to get new abilities and gadgets from the suits that were straight out of the comics written by Stan Lee.


The author's comments:

Review on the newest spiderman game