Video Game Review | Teen Ink

Video Game Review

January 22, 2019
By chuckles99 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
chuckles99 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My review essay is on red dead redemption 2 “rdr2”. To start off “rdr2” has won multiple awards as for example they one best score/music award at the game awards 2018. The whole entire game is set on a multi terrane map. The map is widely spread with a desert in the bottom left corner and a widely covered woods in the top right. The graphics in this game are better then any game Rockstar has made before. I use a PS4 which has 1080p and it looks fantastic. The graphic designers for rdr2 have stepped up their level since the last game they realized GTA V. The animals in the game are fantastic. The game also allowed the character to go hunting for the big legendary alligator all the way to killing a little rabbit. Hunting in this game is unbeatable compared to other games. The ability to take down the biggest creatures in today's North America environment. A unique special ability called eagle eye which gives to perk of being able to spot footprints of animals who have past the location your character is in. skinning the animals in rdr2 is graphic but gives a real representation of killing these animals and taking the pelt to sell. Selling these animals at the trapper who is a man who can create outfits for your character to wear.

Money in this game is hard to come by. The inflation in this game is crazy. Today 30 dollars would be worth 1 dollar back then. Money can buy; horses, guns, food, clothes, and health medicine. Hores can cost from free horses sitting on the prairie or 1,250 horses in the stables. The big town in Rdr2 is called St. Denis. It is an 1899 version of New Orleans. It has everything in a town that is needed. It has a tailor, barber, saloon, stagecoach rides, gunsmith, butcher, trapper, and stables. Let us not forget all of the side missions that are available in St. Denis. Your character has the opportunity to meet a representation of Nikola Tesla using the worlds first remote control boat. Your character can also meet an artist who is under a lot of heat at the moment and which you help him escape in later missions. Your character can also become an exterminator for a saloon that has a rat infestation. But one way to earn a good amount of cash is to start bounty hunting. You start off by getting a bounty from the police station. Then your character has to track down your bounty on the map. Once you get to the bounty you have to either get him alive or dead, it depends if the bounty is wanted alive or dead/alive. Once the bounty is in your possession take him back to the police station. I think Rockstar made this game knowing that being able to lasso people and take them back for money is something that the people would like.

The number of objects that are intractable with is incredible. Being able to pet a dog in this game blows my mind. No other game like this is out there. There is an action where your character can jump from your horse to moving trains and stagecoaches. Also being able to skin the animals that have been killed is a great idea Rockstar added. In the story, your character john builds a house on a ranch to get his life back together. Being able to steal stagecoaches and sell them for money is another great idea from Rockstar, it gives a cowboy/outlaw felling. Also meeting all of these strange encounters with people like for example the KKK, runaways, outlaws, miners, and just grumpy people. The protection of the people in this game is called the Pinkertons. They are a detective agency who keeps hunting your gang down in the story.

The graphics in this game are amazing. RAGE is the engine used for “rdr2”