My favorite video game, Genshin Impact | Teen Ink

My favorite video game, Genshin Impact

April 22, 2022
By CarinaYang BRONZE, Chengdu, Other
CarinaYang BRONZE, Chengdu, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Genshin Impact is my favorite video game. Firstly, it is the best game you can play on a mobile phone. Many other games have better quality than Genshin Impact, but none of them can actually be played on a mobile phone. Technologically,  Genshin Impact changes the underlying code of Unity, therefore it can save many resources and improve picture quality.  


Secondly, Genshin Impact has excellent game plot, music, and art design. The players act as a traveler, needing to find their relatives who were taken away by a stranger. Now, the only clue is that this stranger might be related to each country’s god. Therefore, the player needs to travel to seven countries in Tayvat. From the first promotional video, Mund is Middle Ages Europe, Liyue is ancient China, Inazuma is ancient Japan, Sumeru is a mixture of ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece, Fontaine is steampunk, Natlan is not very clear, and Snezhnaya is Russia. Only Mund, Liyue, and Inazuma come installed in the game. Basically every country has a corresponding real country.  


One very special character is Beelzebul. She is a god and Shogun of Raiden and Inazuma. Her background story is very twisty. Beelzebul’s sister has been dead for five hundred years because of a war. In this war, a country collapses because they are too advanced. Therefore, Beelzebul builds a puppet to control Inazuma, and Beelzebul can hold eternity and avoid collapse. She locks the country to avoid progress. But the suffering of her subjects makes Beelzebul realize her idea of eternity is wrong, her elder sister is right. Progress is another kind of eternity. But the puppet she makes tries to go against her. They fight in interspace - the space in her mind she creates - for another five hundred years, which is half a day in Tayvat. Beelzebul wins the battles, and she has a chance to talk to her sister, and have a seed of a Sakura tree. Beelzebul plants the tree, and she says this tree suddenly appeared five hundred years ago, but other people say this tree has always existed. The time is going backwards, and it means that Beelzebul’s late sister is herself who accepts the new idea of eternity. The puppet she makes is herself who is struggling with the old idea of eternity.  


Thirdly, this game includes a lot of Chinese traditional culture,  such as Beijing Opera. Yunjing is a new character who represents  this symbol. At the spring festival, Genshin Impact has a very new  mission. At the end, Yunjing uses Beijing opera’s method to sing the story of another character Shenhe and the plot of that mission. A very impressive thing is, whatever language the player chooses, it will always have Chinese songs. It is very special and makes Genshin Impact unique.


The author's comments:

I am Carina, I’m from China and used to live in Vancouver, Canada. My favorite things are video games and drawing. My least favorite thing is TikTok. I hope you enjoy my review, thank you!