The Wonders of Animal Crossing: New Horizons | Teen Ink

The Wonders of Animal Crossing: New Horizons

March 18, 2024
By Anonymous

        You arrive at Nooks inc., ready to receive your deserted island getaway package. You are greeted at the front desk by Timmy and Tommy, “name and birthday, ” they ask, for they need to search up your application.  Afterwards it's picture time, you get yourself ready to get your picture taken. You choose the location where you want your new life to take place, then Timmy and Tommy ask you a strange hypothetical question. Well now you're all set, it's boarding time. Now you arrive on the island with 2 others looking for the same experience as you are. With nothing but a tent, phone and crafting area you must start and build up a place you can call home. Now this is where your new island life truly begins. 

 

       Animal Crossing: New horizons a peaceful lively game that any gamer can enjoy.  It is a unique game that follows a real world 24 hour cycle. Many things that you can access in game are only available to you in certain hours of the day, not logging on during those hours can result in you losing your chance to buy, sell, or discover new things.  The game allows the player to explore and create an island of their own. Although true, you do have to follow a set of instructions at the beginning.  For example,  The game uses 2 different sets of currency called bells and miles. Bells are your main set of currency used to buy a number of things for your island, clothes, and pay off your loans. You obtain bells by selling anything you can find or obtain, from a simple rock you find or fish you catch. Miles on the other hand can be an incentive. Obtaining miles requires you to fulfill certain goals, which can motivate the player to follow through and complete in order to get this set of currency. This can get you exclusive items like a “nook mile ticket,” which allows you to travel to different islands. Over the course of time you unlock the museum where you will be asked to donate insects, fish, fossils, and art pieces. The museum is a great and creative way to showcase everything you have found. Starting with only you and 2 other villagers, you must make your island a livable space for you and others who may want to join in the later future. 

 

       All this may seem very overwhelming, but once one starts the game everything will be laid out pretty clearly. This game is meant to be a stress free game one can peacefully play.  Although one may not have the time to log on every hour of the day to not miss certain things, it is still a game one can play for a short period of time, any hour of the day and still enjoy the game's many unique features.