Assassin's Creed 2 on PS3/X-Box 360/PC | Teen Ink

Assassin's Creed 2 on PS3/X-Box 360/PC

December 4, 2009
By rymoe95 BRONZE, Eatonville, Washington
rymoe95 BRONZE, Eatonville, Washington
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

On November 17, Ubisoft released the long awaited sequel to the previous hit, Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed 2 is an action packed adventure through the streets of Renaissance Italy, staring a new character, Ezio, who is a direct descendent of the former star, Altair.

Assassin's Creed 2 continues the cliff hanger story line from the first game, following the next events in the life of Desmond Miles. He enters the Animus 2.0, and finds himself in the world of Ezio. Ezio’s goal in the game is to seek revenge for his father and brothers, who were executed after being accused for a crime they didn’t commit. His focus is to track down their killer.

This game includes much for you to do. Besides the storyline, there are several other mission types, and side stories, scattered throughout the cities, giving you many options in the new animus. Also, many more weapons are added to Assassin’s Creed 2, including, best of all, the hidden gun, allowing you to take out your enemy from a distance. You will also find an array of new fighting styles to use, as well as new guards to fight.

Assassin’s Creed 2 also introduces the use of currency. Ezio can use his money to purchase items from vendors, including armor, weapons, clothing dye, and art for his Villa. He earns his money through missions, as well as by pick pocketing civilians and looting treasure boxes found hidden around the cities.

Ezio finds help from historical figure Leonardo De Vinci, who provides him with upgrades to his hidden blade, and a flying machine partway through the story.

For those of you who wish to give this game a try, I won’t reveal much more. I will however, say that if you played the original Assassin’s Creed, you have to get this game. It is much more complex then the first, in a good way. I believe that Assassin’s Creed 2 is a must have game, even for those of you new to the series. I assure you, it will be well worth your while.

The author's comments:
This game is by far my favorite game of all time. I got it the day it came out, and loved it from the opening scene. It will keep you glued to the TV for hours.