Call of Duty Black Ops on Xbox 360 | Teen Ink

Call of Duty Black Ops on Xbox 360

March 24, 2011
By Shodai BRONZE, Middletown, New York
Shodai BRONZE, Middletown, New York
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You give me a minute, I'm good. You give me an hour, I'm great. You give me 6 months, I'm unbeatbale" - A-Team


“Call of Duty Black Ops” is a great 1st person shooter video game created by Treyach. Treyarch hasn’t made the last C.O.D. games though; Infinity Wards has (Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty 4, and Call of Duty World at War.) But the campaign will blow your mind! With all the new modern guns you go through the campaign as Alex Mason, a soldier going through WWII. It’s very entertaining and very realistic. Even the online multiplayer is mind blowing.

The campaign is very exciting and amusing. From beginning to end, you go through Mason’s memories of battle trying to find a broadcast station that would destroy America. Your job was to remember and destroy the station. The graphics are nice and the mini clips are fun to watch. The best part is all the different places you go and all the missions you do to get to the broadcast station. It’s like putting the pieces of a puzzle together which is why the game is so amazing.

The multiplayer is much like the recent Call of Duty games. The basic structure is you start a match, run around or hide and shoot at enemies. There are different game modes like team death-match, free-for-all, demolition, capture the flag and much more. Team death-match is a mode where 2 teams of 6 (max) play on different maps and just try to reach the score limit before the other team does. Free-for-all is everyman for himself vs. 7 enemies. Demolition is having unlimited bombs and blowing up targets, which if succeeded, wins the round. As you kill each person, you get points which help your team win and help you rank up. Different weapons are unlocked as you rank up. COD points are earned based on the experience you get to buy the guns and attachments.
Both the campaign and the multiplayer are proven to help eye - hand-coordination which most people would like to improve. Eye-coordination comes from the reaction time of seeing the enemy on the screen in time to shoot him/her first before they do. Hand-coordination comes from using the buttons and joy-sticks to guide the character to run and shoot. So hitting the button fast enough is necessary to survive in this game. Also, if teens want to join the army, navy, etc. then they would learn some things about tactics, weapons, attachments, and ranks.
“Call of Duty Black Ops” is the game to get! On a scale of 1-10, it’s definitely a 10! It’s rated M for mature 17+ so parental advisory is needed for kids/teens. It is a great game and is for Xbox 360, PS3, and the PC. So go out and buy the game. You won’t be disappointed.